We harvest beef seasonally, at their prime in late spring or early summer.
Frozen beef has been preserved at it's peak flavor for you to enjoy throughout the year.
The total amount of meat per share will vary, because each animal is different. After selecting your share size you pay the deposit and pick up either at the butcher shop, the ranch, or in Oakland for an additional fee.
DECIDE THE AMOUNT THAT WORKS FOR YOU:
- 1/4 steer is approximately 100-140 lbs of meat and will fill the freezer of a standard combination fridge/freezer.
- A whole lamb is generally about 40 pounds.
- Custom processing (which means you can choose which cuts you'd prefer) is available on a half animal or more.
- Email us to reserve your animal and pay your deposit.
- You can expect your meat to be ready approximately 4 weeks from slaughter for beef and 2 weeks for lamb. That time includes aging, cut & wrap, and freezing.
- Ranch and Butcher Shop Pick Up: We will contact you with the packaged weight of your share, your final balance and a timeline for pick up. Your balance to us must be paid before the meat is released from the butcher (payments by check must be cleared).
- Oakland Pick Up: We will contact you with the carcass weight of your share as well as your final balance. Final balance for Oakland Pick Up includes a $25 delivery fee. Your balance to us must be paid before the meat is picked up in Oakland, we will notify you of the timeline. Oakland Pick Up is located at: 449 15th Street, Oakland, CA 94612
Final payments to us can be made via Pay Pal (price + fees), check or cash payments.
$7.25 per packaged pound
$500 non-refundable deposit
$7.75 per packaged pound
$250 non-refundable deposit
$8.25 per packaged pound
$125 non-refundable deposit
Ground Beef Only:
$8.75 per pound
$8.00 per pound for orders of 50lb or more.
$10 per packaged pound
$100 non-refundable deposit for a whole share
$50 non-refundable deposit for a half share